Used Carvin Audio Vintage 16 Head and Cab With Mods
This listing is for both the head as well as the speaker cabinet
Condition: Near mint, shows litte wear. Original paperwork included.
Hasse Electric Modifications done by Richard Hassebrock:
1. Changed plate load resistors for preamp to 100k ohms
2. Remove and bypass resistor R40 and capacitor C32
3. Add 100pf bright cap to C4
4. Remove volume control and replace with post PI Master Volume circuit
5. Modify tone circuit: remove C35, C8 &C10, install 100pf sm caps in place of C8 and C10
6. Add Raw control (variable Tone Stack Bypass)
7. Eliminate negative feedback: remove R24 & C21
8. Modify phase inverter bias: Replace R20 with 1.2k, R19 and R21 with 1M, and R22 with 47k
9. Change coupling cap C3 to .022uf
The Vintage 16 is the low-wattage, “boutique” recording tube amp so many players are looking for. Everything about this little amp “oozes” tone. The SOAK control goes from stout clean tones with rich midrange body to a filling upper-midrange snarl defining its tweed sound. The ALL tube design incorporates V1 12AX7 preamp and two EL84 output tubes. The power amp in its normal “PENTODE” mode puts out a crisp 16 watts. The “TRIODE” mode produces 5 watts of incredibly sweet spongy harmonics, ideal for both mic’d recording and small stage rigs. Selectable 8 ohm/16 ohm impedance switch, along with silent mode for line-out operation. Made to last, with a quality plywood enclosure covered in vintage tweed. The sound possibilities are only limited by your fingers and imagination!